Tuesday, October 21

Twitter

For thing #12, we had to explore twitter. I signed up for it. I can see how this technology could be useful. However, I don't think at this time that I'll use it for personal use.

On twitter, I searched for frugal tweets. I generally follow frugal/money saving blogs and noticed that a few could be followed on twitter. They do a quick update on twitter of deals they are showcasing on their blogs. If I had twitter set up to work on my phone, this may be a nice heads up because sometimes the deals go fast and I would be able to take advantage of them.

As far as libraries using twitter, I think it would be nice to get reserve notices this way. I hate the emails and I really hate phone calls. But a little tweet stating my books were waiting would be great! Another great use for twitter would be for branches to have accounts and send out daily tweets of that days activities and programs.

Feel free to find me. I'm RachyKate.

No comments: