Wednesday, November 5

Google Docs...

Oh how I love thee:) I hadn't really explored this wonderful part of google before and am very excited by what I have found. It was very easy to get started and user friendly. I was immediately thinking of ways to use this both professionally and personally. I started a spreadsheet of books I would like to read. This way the list can travel to home and work, being updated anywhere. I also started a quick list of go-to recommendations, sorted by genre and age. This will be such a blessing when I can't think of the great book I just read and would fit a customers needs perfectly. This will help out greatly. As for use throughout the library, this could easily replace the v drive, allowing employees to work anywhere on pretty much everything. It would also increase the sharing of ideas. Here @54, we have an electronic flannel library including scripts and scans of the pieces. If we uploaded this to google docs and sent a link to youth service staff they could use it and add to it, greatly increasing the number of flannels all branches would have access too. It would make creating flannels easier because you wouldn't have to come up with the pieces, just recreate them.

No comments: