Saturday, November 22

Podcasts

Searching for podcasts (thing #21), was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. There are so many interesting things out there that can be found. First, I found Children's Book Radio. They have interviews with authors and talk about great reads. After listening to the show I went over to their website. I was pleased to find grade level reading lists, like this one for 2nd grade. That will come in handy when a parent insists on a list of books for their second grader.

I did have trouble adding it to google reader, but was growing aggrevated and wasting too much time, so I have deciced to just skip it. If anyone can help, please leave a comment.

I also searched for more of play podcast, and found Best Week Ever, very funny. I found this by looking through the list of podcasts with the most subscribers. I always miss it on tv (which takes a lot of doing b/c it's replayed like 50 times during the week). I was pleased to see that VH1 also offers a mini episode of Best Night Ever, for a quick laugh during the week.

>Over all podfeed.net was easy to use. The subject heading allowed for easy exploring as well as the list of most subscribers. Also if you knew what you wanted to listen to or watch a simple search took you right there.

As for library use... A simple blurb each week by every branch would let the community know what's going on at their local branch. And of course, we could send storytime out over the net, especially as we get into those cold winter months. I know M would love to watch storytime online:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here is the xml to add childrensbookradio to google reader.
Just copy and paste:
http://childrensbookradio.com/childrens-books.xml